The Dominican Republic Emergency Network has been activated, given the proximity of tropical storm Isaac.
- Day-time operation frequency 7065 kHz
- Coordination station HI8COE, Emergency Operations Committee<br />Evening operation frequency 3780 kHz
- Emergency frequencies to be used by Cuba<
- 7110 kHz day-time, PRIMARY NATIONAL
- 7120 kHz day-time, SECONDARY NATIONAL
- 7045 kHz day-time, EASTERN REGION
- 3740 kHz evening, PRIMARY NATIONAL
- 3720 kHz evening, SECONDARY NATIONAL
- 3715 KHz alternate evening
- Other frequencies in the range from 7030 to 7125 kilohertz would be used by province networks as necessary
- Other frequencies in the range from 3700 to 3770 kilohertz would be used by province networks as necessary
Thanks in advance to all amateur radio stations of Region 2 for offering the greatest possible protection to the frequencies used for emergency operations
NOTE: Jamaica traditionally does NOT use shortwave bands for emergencies since they handle these in the 2-metre band, using their repeaters located in the mountain ranges.