AMSAT-NA Board of Directors elected Joe Spier, K6WAO, of Reno, NV, President, succeeding Barry Baines, WD4ASW, who has retired after nine years of service as AMSAT’s President. Joe is a Life Member of AMSAT-NA and has previously served as Executive Vice President and Vice-President Educational Relations. He also has Life Memberships in the ARRL, SARA (Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers) and the AFA (Air Force Association). He holds an Extra Class license as well as commercial licenses.
Other officers elected by the Board were:
- Paul Stoetzer, N8HM, of Washington, DC, as Executive Vice President
- Jerry Buxton, N0JY, of Granbury, TX, as Vice-President Engineering
- Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, of New Port Richey, FL, as Vice-President Operations
- Clayton Coleman, W5PFG, of Granbury, TX, as Secretary
- Keith Baker, KB1SF/VA3KSF, of Corunna, ON, as Treasurer
- Martha Saragovitz of Silver Spring, MD, as Manager