Uniden has announced a new radio, the SDS100, which is a True I/Q Scanner, incorporating Software Defined Radio technology to provide digital performance in what the company says can be challenging RF environments. They claim the SDS100’s digital performance is better than any other scanner in both simulcast and weak-signal environments.
The SDS100 allows the user to customise the display order, including colour schemes, giving you access to the information you want, where you want it.
The unit conforms to JIS4 (IPX4) standards for water resistance.
Slated for release in 2nd Quarter, 2018, the SDS100 carries an MSRP of $699*.
Uniden SDS100 Features include
- Customizable Color Display
- Trunktracker X
- APCO P25 Phase I and II
- Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunking
- MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +**
- DMR Tier III**
- Hytera XPT**
- Single-Channel DMR**
- NXDN 4800 and 9600**
- EDACS ProVoice**
- Location-Based Scanning
- USA/Canada Radio Database
- ZIP Code Selection for Easy Setup
- Close Call™ RF Capture with Do Not Disturb
- 8 GB microSD
- Soft Keys for Intellegent UI
- Recording, Playback, and Replay
- Temporary Avoid
- Fire Tone-Out Alert
- System Analysis and Discovery
- CTCSS/DCS/NAC/RAN/Color Code Decoding
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
- Enhanced Dynamic Memory
- Preemptive Trunking Priority
- Fully Customizable Scanning with your own Favorites Lists
- Backlit Keypad
- Channel Volume Offset
- PC Programming and Control
- USB Connectivity and Charging
- Weekly Database Updates
- Free Sentinel Software keeps the SDS100 database and memory up to date
- Up to 8 Hours Operation on included LiIon Battery
- Frequency Coverage:
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 894-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
*Note that this item has not yet received FCC approvals and may not be offered for sale.
** Paid Upgrade required. Upgrade might not be available upon initial release.