Ofcom has announced the award of nine new community radio licences in England and Wales.
Licences have been awarded to the following:
- Cannock Chase Radio - Cannock and Rugeley, Staffordshire
- Dean Radio - Cinderford, Forest of Dean
- Keynsham Town Community Radio - Keynsham, Somerset
- Purbeck Coast FM - Swanage, Dorset
- Ninesprings FM - Yeovil, Somerset
- Radio Newquay - Newquay, Cornwall
- Rhondda Radio - Rhondda, South Wales
- Ridgeway Community Radio - Dorchester, Dorset
- West Somerset Radio - Minehead, Somerset
Ofcom is also today inviting ‘expressions of interest’ from people and groups that are interested in applying for a community radio licence.
The deadline for ‘expressions of interest’ is 5pm on Wednesday 6 December 2017.