Amateur Radio outdoor operation specialists SOTABeams have updated their portable Antenna to reflect a change in operating conditions.
With the decline in solar activity, 40m is getting to be hard work for more local HF contacts. A good choice when conditions are poor is often to use a lower frequency. The 5MHz band (60m) is now available in many countries so SOTABEAMS has introduced a version of their popular Band Hopper antennas to include 60m. The Midi Hopper is a full-size, full-performance antenna that covers 20m, 40m and 60m. It is ready tuned, includes a balun. feeder and guying for a 7m telescopic pole.
Band Hoppers are a complete system including:
- A resonant multi-band dipole antenna with Perspex link hardware
- A 10m feeder - high quality RG174 terminated in a BNC plug
- A high performance current balun
- A guying system for a lightweight telescopic pole (6 - 8 metres length recommended)
- Three Wire Winders to ensure tangle-free operating
- Three lightweight aluminium alloy pegs
- A detailed set of instructions
- A nylon carry bag with attachment clip