The Royal Air Force (RAF) are celebrating their 100 birthday on the 1st April 2018 (RAF100).
As part of the celebrations, RAFARS are holding a RAF100 Award Certificate.
Royal Air Force Amateur Radio Society RAF100 Award Certificate Rules
- The Royal Air Force is celebrating 100 years on the 1st April 2018.
- The Royal Air Force Amateur Radio Society (RAFARS) G8FC is inviting all Amateur Radio Stations to take part in the RAF100 Award Certificate.
The aim is to contact RAFARS members and Affiliated Clubs. The Award Certificate will be presented to Amateur Radio Stations who collect a minimum of 250 points. The Award period is from the 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 and any mode may be used.
- As part of the RAFARS celebrations, there will be three Special Special Event Stations (SSES) and a number of Special Event Stations (SES). These Stations attract bonus points, defined below.
- SSES: GB100RAF, VP8RAF/100, ZB2RAF = 30 points. Note: GB100RAF will be using various locations during the year and claims can be made for different locations, log to show QTH.
- SES: using G0RAF, G1RAF, G3RAF, G4RAF, G6RAF, G7RAF, G8RAF, GB1RAF, GB2RAF = 20 points. These stations may be using various locations during the year and claims can be made for different locations, log to show QTH.
- RAFARS Members = 10 points.
- Your station to operate strictly in accordance with the rules and spirit of the Award.
- The proposed SSES and SES operating schedules can be seen at www.rafars.org
- RAF100 Award Certificate claims to be forwarded to RAF100award@rafars.org the log to be an attached document. Proof of contact(s) may be required. QSLs not required.
- Successful claims will receive their Certificates via email.