The Raspberry Pi foundation has launched a new edition to the successful Raspberry Pi range, the Raspberry Pi Zero.
The new device, made in Wales, UK, is the smallest most cost effective device the group have manufactured.
Priced at just $5 / £4, the specs are in line if not better than a high end laptop from ten years ago.
- A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
- 1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
- 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
- A micro-SD card slot
- A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
- Micro-USB sockets for data and power
- An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
- Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
- An unpopulated composite video header
- Our smallest ever form factor, at 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
Many amateur radio and technology enthusiasts have spotted the new device as a “free gift” on the cover of the MagPi magazine.
More information - https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/